Travel is meant to set your heart racing, see old sights in a new light and ensure you have memories to last a lifetime. It’s more than just the coveted bragging rights. Travellers hit the road for adventure and that too some do in style.
For some it can be trekking into the Bolivian Amazon forest, while for others it could be a trip aboard a ship heading to Galapagos or rafting the Mekong river in Asia. We take you to some off-the-grid destinations, let you explore indigenous cultures and allow you to spike your adrenaline levels with trekking, heli-skiing, sledging, sky-diving, horse-back or walking safaris, scuba diving, bungee and sailing to list a few. You can combine the adrenaline rush with a luxurious and super-calm stay to rest your aching muscles.
We at Experiential Travel will engage with you to understand your interests, level of difficulty in your adventure and engagement, before we get down to designing a truly bespoke trip journey just for you.
At a Glance
- If it is the wild that gives you the thrills, then Zambia should be your destination. Try the walking safari being organised by the Robin Pope Safaris. You spend five of these nights mobile up in the northernmost reaches of the South Luangwa, bordering the Mupamadzi River. The camp moves depending on the movements of the game and densities in each particular area. Views of the lion, leopard, elephant, the wildebeest and large herds of buffalo are more than just likely.
- One of our favourite trips is the riding safari through the Okavango Delta in Botswana. Eavesdrop into the hyena’s calls as you ride across the plains, sometimes with giraffes for company. The camps are temporary here depending on water levels.
- Patagonia will give you goose bumps with its glacial lakes and untamed peaks. This unforgettable journey will take you to the Torres del Paine National Park, from where you will hike through a native Nothofagus forest which leads to the spectacular base of the towers. You will step nimbly on a suspension bridge over the Pingo River and arrive at Lago Grey beach and behold the electric blue icebergs that have broken off of Glacier Grey, a 6kilometre-wide wall of ice.
- Step into Bhutan for a different kind of adventure. Paro is where you exercise your legs gently. Hike to the Tiger’s Nest, monastery clinging to a sheer cliff face and one of the most important icons of Bhutan. Drive through Punakha for unforgettable views of the Himalayas and end it with the low-altitude Semtengang Trek. It takes you through farm lands, rhododendron forests and rice terraces.
- To stun yourself into silence, New Zealand should be your pick. Allow yourself to be pampered to views of a sheltered glacial valley located high above the shores of Lake Wanaka. This high country station is nestled between mountain peaks, tussock grass and native bush on the hillsides with wild deer and chamois clambering on the surrounding slopes. Spend your days diving for lobster, fishing for blue cod and exploring the wilderness in true Kiwi fashion. Gather your own food, which will then be cooked your way. You could also include helicopter flights and heli-hunting, if you fancy.
- For the adrenaline rush, take the classic Europe and make it extra-ordinary in Swedish Lapland. Stay in a tented safari camp at the edge of a frozen lake. It offers the front seats for viewing the Northern Lights and the food served here will be the highlight. Your platter will include smoked reindeer, deep fried lichen and delicious puddings.
Above is just an essence of what can be done with few Ideas & Inspirations. Call us or Email us to have your Private Adventure Travel Journey customised, tailor made and designed as per your preference of destination, experiences, interests and adventurous pursuits.
We do not offer or sell readymade packages. We specialise in Private Travel Design of Tailor Made, Customised, Bespoke Holidays, Journeys and Vacations around your interests, preferences, expectations and budget.