Culinary and Wine, Gastronomy
J.R.R. Tolkien once said, “If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” And it’s only true. What better way than to go on an experiential luxury tour to discover the many joys of the food you love. Travel to explore new flavours and to expand your horizons.
We,atExperiential Travel Journeys,offer private culinary tours and gastronomy travelfor passionate foodies seeking to expand their epicurean knowledge.
We also offer wine travel journeys where we take you to varied and exciting destinations for you to stroll through scenic vineyards, eat at award-winning restaurants, where your sommelier expertly pairs wine with your locally sourced meal and stay at luxurious but intimate lodges, chateaux and hotels.
So whether you’re a connoisseur who wants to make wine experiences the focus of your travel, or an enthusiast who just loves vino, we can customise and design wine tours that will have you uncorking fantastic bottles in memorable settings.
- Food is something that allows the explorer to get under the skin of a country – take a wine tour of Chile, break bread at the private Cape Town home of celebrity chef Bruce Robertson, in Brazil explore Bahia’s Caribbean influenced seafood dishes to Rio’s churrascarias.
- If Japanese food gives you the kick, see it all. Spend the early morning at the intense tuna auctions at Tsukiji fish market and then spend the evening gorging on fresh sashimi and wash it down with cold Sake.
- How about making hand-pulled noodles in China with master chefs?appraising the best olive oil on the planet in a remote village inside Turkey, hand-picking tea at plantations in Sri Lanka, and experience to learn age-old technique of cooking tagine from Berbers in Morocco.
At a Glance
- China is a culinary baby’s dream. Every province has varied cooking styles and tastes. Sichuan relies on a hot peppercorn to give its dishes heat and Xinjiang is known for its Middle Eastern-influenced Uyghur dishes. Enjoy a private cooking class at Beijing and when you are in Xian enjoy a dumpling banquet and dine in the lively Muslim Quarter. Shanghai is a dream for food lovers. We will help you restaurant-hop to try out varied cuisines.
- If Vietnam is going to be your pick, we will organise a private tour with a Vietnamese food expert to learn about typical Vietnamese cooking and ingredients. At Hoi An, visit a local farming community famous for vegetables, and enjoy a private cooking class focusing on regional specialties. And sample local culinary specialties and see daily life in vibrant markets overflowing with spices at Saigon.
- California is the heaven. The journey through Northern California includes a cooking class at Cavallo Point, a stop at the Sonoma Valley with leisurely visits at cellar doors, some culinary delights with a Michelin-starred chef and a final stop at Napa Valley.
- In Mexico, tantalise your palate with mole poblano to tamales in local markets. Hop to Oaxaca where to get to know its flavours, and executive chef Alejandro Ruiz will take you on a culinary journey.
- Explore the small fishing village of Paternoster in South Africa for its excellent fresh mussels and sea food. Drive east to the Cape's Winelands, famous for their fine wines, cellar door tastings and vineyard restaurants.
- Morocco can seduce with its food. Be up for it. From savory couscous to freshly-baked bisteeya to mouth-watering tagines, learn to prepare, as well as dine on these delights.
- In New Zealand, stroll through the Bay of Islands, where there is an abundance of big fish. Drive through the beautiful countryside to Rotorua and spend time with the chefs for an insight into the local indigenous produce used in Maori cuisine. A must visit is the Hawkes Bay, which is one of New Zealand’s biggest wine regions and so you will spend your time sampling some world-class wine and visiting a winery for some delicious lunch.
- Australia is the land for serious gourmets. From the fine dining establishments of Tetsuyas, Aria and Neil Perry's Rockpool to the unsung delights of fish and chips on the beach at Watsons Bay or breakfast at Bills, Sydney can never tire you. Set your eyes on the Pretty Beach House, which has the celebrated Italian chef Stefano Manfredi at the helm. Drive into Victoria's lush interior for a stay at the Lake House which has Alla and Allan Wolf-Tasker’s famed restaurant. This restaurant attracts foodies from all over the world. Barossa, home to more than 100 wineries, will be your stop too. End it in Perth from where you can source natural jams and condiments.
Above is just a small selection of our Culinary, Gastronomy, Wine Tours and Travel Journeysand experiences. Call us or Email us to have your Private Culinary Travel personalised, tailor made and designed as per your preference of destination, region and interests.
We do not offer or sell readymade packages. We specialise in Private Travel Design of Tailor Made, Customised, Bespoke Holidays, Journeys and Vacations around your interests, preferences, expectations and budget.
- There much to choose from in this continent of plenty. Leave it to us to help you go on a private tour of any of these culinary destinations. When in France, with an expert guide, visit local food markets, bakeries, pastry shops and fromageries in Paris. Enjoy a private excursion to the Champagne wine region. Continue to Burgundy through the Cote d’Or vineyards.
- Then hop across to Lausanne in Switzerland to meet winemakers at local wineries, sample Chasselas and other delicious local varietals in Lavaux cellars, and enjoy a gourmet meal at one of the finest restaurants there.
- The dark horse Austria will stun you with its variety. Begin at Vienna tasting local culinary specialties at our favorite stalls in the Naschmarkt food market.
- Hungary has the Eger-Tokaj Wine Region. Take a private tour to visit local wine cellars and sample aszu, a unique white wine known as Hungary’s “wine of kings.
- Can Italy be ever forgotten? Ask us to take you on a special tour of Parma to visit producers of the region’s celebrated Parmesan cheese and Parma prosciutto. Enjoy a cooking class at Alba, home of the white truffle. And do not forget Tuscany for its wine harmonious food.